Saturday, June 2, 2007

Kicking of with Team Mobile

Well excited to be kicking of with Team Mobile - NSW Learnscope M-Learning Leaders :-)

Attempting to create my mesh of sites... and using this blogger for my diary. This is my 4th attempt at using Blogger... I usually leave out of frustration. Soooo many others easier to my way of thinking. Can't say I don't give blogger a go.

First email this week from our fearless team facilitator Anne Patterson. Anne asked us to do a few tasks on the Team Mobile wikispace including
She posted..
TEAM MOBILE START HERE:
1. Create own user page or link to your own blog or wiki. (Here tis and a LS wikispaces page but of course my home hub is http://vivevans.wikispaces.com

2. Dream up your wish list for teaching and learning using mobile devices
Well I reckon my wishlist is going to grow the more I learn... essentially I want to explore the various web 2 tools and how they can connect a team of learners with mobile phones as the key connection.
This needs to be affordable
Easy
Very connective... voice, text and images would be great but cost comes with voice and images (or does it?)

3. Plan on implementing one of your dreams with your learners and plan to show the rest of us how you did it!I am lucky enough to have a few units to choose from next semester focused on emerging technology... and developing literacy using technology so lots of potential. Still at planning stage but this task is very feasible and in fact quite exciting. My Manager at TAFE is very supportive and encouraging which helps heaps. Thanks Cynthia :-)

4. Join twitter and activate mobile phone, embed the badge on the front page so we can all keep up with you!
Twitter - Joined www.twitter.com and have twittered online BUT can't as yet get my mobile to work... wrong number error message Thursday and Glen Innis and now at home signal keeps dropping out. (Frustrations of rural living)Interesting embedded media from twitter on the wikispace - tried a few sorts on team mobile and Viv's mobile wiki will try and do here on my Blog as well. Keen to see cost of texting and how it can be utilised effectively connecting a team and use/impact with learners.

Well a good kick start... trying to create and mesh tools (onto Netvibes next to aggregate info.

Cheers M learning Viv

No comments: