Friday, June 22, 2007

M-Scape - CreateaScape - linking technology to the outdoors

Well early days for me exploring this one but it looks fascinating and I can see a lot of potential.

Create-A-Scape

Brings together PDA's to create a landscape with audio, graphics etc. Schools are using it as a collaborative project with all sorts of topics such as environment, history, exploring places, treasure hunts... I think you are only limited by your imagination on this one.

I could see brilliant potential for engaging with our Gamilaraay Language project here in Coonabarabran and Envirolearn - having been out last weekend at the Baradine Bird Route brochure launch, working in collaboration with our CMA (Catchment Management Authority) oooh very exciting potential for learning and education programs!

First I need to see how it works. I found my way to a Wizard on the site. I have created an initial file on my home property 'Maymukwunga' under a tool that enabled me to map out my project 'My Favourite Places' and I added 4 descriptions of 4 places.

At this point I am not going to take the step to downloading as I can see it compatable with XP but not Vista at this point. I wonder if my Palm is going to work with what is obviously a 'Hewlett Packard' site?

Great potential wonder what others are doing with similar hardware?

No comments: